Florence BLANDEL RESEARCH ENGINEER in ANIMAL MODEL DEVELOPMENT
Course and current status
EDUCATION AND AWARD
2012 Certificate of Neurosurgery, Neurohistology and Neuroanatomy applied to rodents. Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire. Toulouse.
2010 Master’s Degree in Physiology and Neurobiology speciality in Animal Testing and Welfare. Université Claude Bernard. Lyon.
2010 Certificate in Experimental Surgery on Rodents. Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire. Lyon
2009 Certificate in Animal Testing and Welfare – Level 1. Université Claude Bernard. Lyon
2006 GSK Exceptional Science Award for exceptional commitment in the implementation of animal models in Dyslipidemia and Inflammation and for exemplary behavior in improving the technical organization of the department of biology
1993 Certificate in Animal Testing and Welfare – Level 2. Université Claude Bernard. Lyon.
1991 Bachelor Degree of Science: Industrial bio-experimentation. ESTBA. Paris
1990 Higher National Diploma: Higher Technician in Biochemistry. ENCPB. Paris.
Since 2014 INSERM U1046- Montpellier(34) Research Engineer
Oct-Dec 2013 Galapagos NV - Romainville (93) Senior Technician in Histology
2011-2012 Pasteur Institute - Paris (75) Research Engineer in Pharmacology
2010-2011 Laboratory of Nutrition. Univ Paris Descartes -Paris (75) Research Engineer in Pharmacology
1992-2010 GlaxoSmithKline Laboratories - Les Ulis (91) Senior Technician in Pharmacology
To design and produce preclinical research protocols in order to enhance knowledge and develop new medicine in respect of ethical considerations and rules
Planning and Management of Preclinical Studies on Rodent Models
- Respect of the new European regulations and ethical norms in the conception and development of experimental protocols
- Project management of preclinical studies
- Conception and redaction of protocols, procedures and precise reporting in lab book (French/English)
- Review of literature for conception or adaptation of in vivo models
- Process, interpret and promote generated data: report and results presentation in scientific forums
- ANIMAL TESTING: Administration, sampling, anesthesia, surgery, euthanasia
- HISTOLOGY: Sectioning (microtome and cryostat). Staining and Immunohistochemistry. Image capture and image analysis of slides (Nanozoomer® and Definiens® Developer 7.0). Transmission Electronic Microscopy.
- CELLULAR BIOLOGY: Culture of primary and immortalized cells, adherents and in suspension. Flow cytometry (facs calibur®)
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY: RNA Extraction, Retrotranscription, Real time quantitative PCR (Taqman or SyBr)
- BIOCHEMISTRY-IMMUNOLOGY: Colorimetry, Fluorescence, ELISA, AlphaLISA, Western Blot, FRET. Separation and quantification on HPLC and FPLC. Binding in vitro and ex vivo
Management of biological risk
- Involvement to elaborate the comprehensive risk assessment inventory
- Involvement to create a risk assessment form for each experiment
- Supervisor of labs and cold rooms: to control the correct application of hygiene and safety procedures
Language & Information and Communications Technology
- French: mother tongue
- English general & scientific: Fluent (TOEIC 800, April 2010)
- Pack Office, Lotus Notes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Acrobat Reader, XLfit 4.0, NDP scan2.1, Definiens® Developer 7.0, Magellan 6.0, ChromQuest 4.1, Pubmed (bibliography), eLNB (electronic labbook)