Fabrice MOREL PhD Biological Sciences
Course and current status
Professional status in 2011 : Research Director at INSERM
INSERM UMR-S 991
Tel. : +33 (0)2 23 23 38 74 ; Fax : +33 (0)2 99 54 01 37
e-mail : Fabrice.Morel@inserm.fr
December 1992: PhD, University of Rennes I
March 2004 : Habilitation to supervise research, University of Rennes 1
- 1986-1992 : INSERM U49 (Dir.: Pr. A. Guillouzo), CHR Pontchaillou, 35033 Rennes (DEA, and PhD studies (dir. Pr. A. Guillouzo).
- 1993-1994 : Institut fur Physiologische Chemie I, Heinrich-Heine-Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany. Post-doctoral fellow (dir. Pr H. Sies).
- October 1994 to September 1998: Researcher 2nd class at INSERM, INSERM U49 and INSERM U456 (Dir. A. Guillouzo)
- October 1998 – October 2009 : Researcher 1st class at INSERM, INSERM U456 and INSERM U620 University of Rennes 1, Rennes (Dir.: Prof. A. Guillouzo).
- November 2006 - December 2009 : Research Director 2nd class at INSERM, INSERM U620, University of Rennes 1, Rennes (Dir.: Prof. A. Guillouzo).
- From January 2010 : Research Director at INSERM, INSERM UMR-S 991 University of Rennes 1, Rennes (Dir.: Dr B. Clément).
Main research projects :
- Characterization and regulation of glutathione transferases. We have demonstrated the localization of glutathione transferase Kappa in both mitochondria and peroxisomes (J. Biol. Chem 2004) and produced several studies on the mechanisms of hepatoprotection by both natural and synthetic molecules.
- Role of glutathione transferases in hepatocyte proliferation ;
- Molecular mechanisms involved in autorenewal and differentiation of hepatic progenitor cells by using HepaRG cells as a model.