Daniel Scherman PhD Biochemistry
Course and current status
Exceptional Class Director of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- 2002 - ongoing: creator and director of the Chemical and Genetic Pharmacology Unit Partners : INSERM, CNRS, Pharmacy University, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (staff 40-45).
- 2009-ongoing: President of the Committee of “Non Viral Gene Therapy” of the European Society of Cell and Gene Therapy (ESGCT)
- Member of the Non Viral Gene Therapy Committee of the American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT) (two 3 years terms).
- Founding bureau member of the “Société Française de Thérapie Cellulaire et Génique
- 2008-ongoing : Member of the National Committe of the French « Centre national de la Recherche Scientifique » (CNRS).
- 2006-2009 Scientific Director of the Genethon Laboratory, Evry France
Coordinator of the MOLEDA STREP project of the EU PCRDT (2005-2008)
Competence fields: Gene therapy, Drug delivery and targeting, Non viral Gene delivery, In vivo imaging. Sustained collaborations with industry and Biotech. Promoter of the creation od 2 start-ups.
- 270 publications in reviewed journals
- 50 reviews or books chapters in the fields of molecular pharmacology, neurology, cell biology, drug delivery, gene delivery and gene targeting,
- 35 patent applications.
- 64 invited speaker lectures in International Meetings
- Editor in the series "Advances in Behavioral Biology" (Plenum Press): Physiology and the Biology of the Blood-Brain Barrier.