Head of the team "Design, synthesis and validation of vectors for targeted therapy and imaging
" , U1022 (D. Scherman)
Research director at the "Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale"
Scientific Career :
2010- : Leader of the team "Design, Synthesis and Validation of Vectors for Targeted Therapy and Imaging” U1022- INSERM
2003 - 2009: Leader of the team "Chemistry and Physicochemistry of Vectorisation" in U640 - INSERM
1998 – 2002: Leader of the team " Organic Synthesis of Targeted Vectors " in
UMR7001 (Aventis Pharma - Vitry)
1991 : Research Director (DR2) at l’INSERM
1981 : Senior Research at INSERM
1979-1980 : postdoctoral fellowship from the National Science Foundation
1978 : Research Fellow at INSERM
1977 : grant from the National Institute of Health (3 mois)
1977: grant from the "Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale Francaise"
1974 -1976: grant from the "Ligue Nationale Francaise contre le Cancer"
Scope of interest:
Gene and chemical drugs vectorisation, membranes receptors ligands, targeting of tumors and of tumoral and inflammatory endothelium, chemistry and physico-chemistry of vectors active principle assembly /, gene therapy, cancer.
Vectors for targeted therapy
- Releasing studies of nucleic acids, (DNA, pDNA, siRNA) or other active principles (ATP, antivascular drugs) associated with vectors administered iv or topically.
- Conception, synthesis and studies of original molecular vectors and their targeting
Vectors for imaging
- Nanosized contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functionalization targeting and in vivo validation.
- Delayed luminescent nanoparticles, functionalization targeting and in vivo validation.
- Proteic or non proteic nanoparticulate systems for hepatocyte targeting and pet scan imaging.